- The Wide World of Music: A Guide to 100 Musical Instruments : A great, interactive resource to many different musical instruments from around the world! (Thank you for the recommendation, Emilia!)
- Hansel & Gretel Opera Game This online game is a great way for kids to learn about the opera! They can choreograph, listen to the music, make the set. It's really interactive and super fun. It requires Adobe Flash.
- Chrome Music Lab Chrome music lab has a lot of fun musical activities to check out and explore.
- Scramblesaurus This is a word game. You can choose musical instruments and try to unscramble the letters to spell the instrument.
- Composer Gallery Check out the different composers and learn about them.
- Tone Matrix This is a super fun activity where you can design your own tone matrix. You make music by filling in the squares in the matrix.
- Cave Sounds Explore the different sounds made in a cave.
- Make the Band Create your own band!
- Incredibox Create your own beatbox rhythms with this fun game!
- The Science of Music Explore different science exhibits exploring sound.
- Singing Horses Design your own song by making the horses sing.
- Flying Instruments This game is like tetris. Match the instruments based on category and family.
- Stay Afloat Try to keep your boat afloat using words. You can choose words from science or music.
- Instrument Storage Room Explore different instruments and instrument families!
- Groove Pizza Make your own groove pizza with different beats.
- New York Philharmonic Explore all kinds of different games on the New York Philharmonic Kids Site.
Websites submitted by students:
https://couponfollow.com/research/music-resource-guide-students - another list of awesome music resources sent to me by Jess!